|69 Baht||BUY NOW|
Happy Internet Sim
Fast speeds, competitive call rates and plenty of bonuses!
|Happy Internet SIM|
Receive 5 baht of free credit to use for 30 days immediately after activation
|In-Network Calls||1 baht/ minute, 25 hours a day|
|Calls to Other Networks||1 baht/ minute, 25 hours a day|
|Valid Until||31 Mar 2013|
1. Receive 1,200 minutes (300 minutes/ month for 4 months)
for free once you receive a service confirmation SMS.
2. New customers get 720 Baht Happy Super Bonus (30 days after SIM activation)
Valid until 31 Jan 2013. More details click
|Domestic SMS||2 baht/ message|
|International SMS||8 baht / message / number|
|Domestic MMS||5 baht / message / number|
|International MMS||15 baht / message / number|
|Happy Internet||0.25 baht/ minute|
Remarks : dtac online store reserves the right for customers to select the mobile number for SIM purchase. Your phone number will be displayed on the SIM package.
1. The service rates of “Happy Internet SIM” after receiving SMS confirmation within 24 hours are as follows (including 7% VAT).
- Call to any network is 1.07 Baht/minute, 24 hours a day (a fraction of a minute is counted as one minute).
- SMS is 2.14 Baht/message/number.MMS is 5.35 Baht/message/number. Any SMS which is in Thai or contains both Thai and English characters altogether up to 70 characters (including vowels, spaces and numbers) is counted as 1 message. English SMS of up to 160 characters (including spaces and numbers) is counted as 1 message. For any SMS containing more characters (including special characters and other language characters) than the specified amount in 1 message, calculation for the amount of characters per message will vary based on the system’s technical rules.
- Happy internet rate is 0.26 Baht/minute (a fraction of a minute is counted as one minute).
When finish topping up via any channels, get triple of usual validity day within 24 hours. Validity days can be accumulated up to the maximum of 365 days.
Once the user activated Happy Internet SIM, and received SMS confirmation, the user will automatically get free 300 minutes of Happy internet per month (no added validity day), for 4 months. To receive this privilege, the user must maintain a balance of more than 0 Baht and at least 1 day of validity period.
he free minutes of Happy internet cannot be accumulated to use in later months. For the usage of Happy internet after the promotion period or over the specified quota, will be charged according to the Happy internet rate of each SIM.
Happy for Free benefit
- Happy for Free is used for calling to dtac numbers, 2 Baht/minute (charged on per minute basis) and SMS/MMS to dtac numbers, 2 Baht/message/number (including VAT), 24 hours a day.
- SHappy for Free is used for calling to dtac numbers, 2 Baht/minute (charged on per minute basis) and SMS/MMS to dtac numbers, 2 Baht/message/number (including VAT), 24 hours a day.
- User must maintain at least 1 day of validity period to receive this Happy for Free benefit
The user can check actual usage of Happy internet via dialing *101*4# with free of charge or go to www.happy .co.th/internetwebservices.
Service rates above apply to domestic usage only. Subscribers can learn more about the terms and conditions at 1678 dtac call center (3 Baht/call, excluding 7% VAT). The service provider reserves the right to terminate and/or modify the promotion as deemed appropriate.
New users are required to provide documentation and register their accounts before requesting a new SIM card, or applying for any special offers or promotions.
When making calls to a number under the DFamily package with calling rates of 1.50 Baht/minute, or a Happy 0.25 Baht/minute package, the system will not take into account nor give any free call credit or bonus call credit to the number that is receiving the call.
The rates listed above do not include international call, international roaming, WAP, Audio Text, premium number and any value-added services other than specified above.
Happy internet running on EDGE/3G technology provided by the service provider may have some limitation in some area or depending on time of day. Speed of 3G may vary due to the coverage area, network congestion, connecting device and device setting. This means the maximum speed is not available at all time, even accessing internet while travelling may affect data transmission or transmission technology. Users are advised to study terms and conditions of dtac internet services thoroughly.
To use 3G/EDGE technology service:
- The user must agree to the terms and conditions of service that can be changed at anytime. It is the user’s responsibility to check the change from website or inquire dtac service centers nationwide from time to time.
- The service provider reserves the right to manage 3G/EDGE network in each service regarding to the highest efficiency of network management and offering users the seamless communication during the times of day. This may limit transmission speed in users who use Bit Torrent or other usages requiring long time uploading or downloading a large amount of data.
- The service provider reserves the right to allocate bandwidth, data transmission speed or internet connection subject to the highest efficiency of network management and the Fair Usage Policy.
- The user can use 3G as much as specified in the privilege receiving from the subscribed package. This privilege includes using 3G both in and out of the service area.
- The service provider doesn’t allow for or agree with any illegal usages of dtac internet. In case there is any material evidence or complaint of such usage, the service provider reserves the right to terminate the service without any prior notice.
This promotion complies with terms and conditions prescribed by the service provider. The service provider reserves the right to suspend or terminate the service in case the customers don’t register their accounts, or cause technical impairment or adverse impacts which may affect other telecommunication operators or networks, or use their SIM cards with other mobile phones, aircards or devices which are not specified by the service provider.